Universitas Islam Negeri Alauddin Makassar Proceedings, Proceedings of the 1st Alauddin Health and Medical International Conference

Font Size: 
Relationship between Self-Efficacy and Spiritual Religious Coping to Stress in Housewives with Hypertension South Sulawesi
Nurul Khusnul Khotimah, Rasdiyanah Rasdiyanah

Last modified: 2022-10-01


Background: Self-efficacy in hypertensive patients is still relatively low, especially for sodium consumption. In addition to self-efficacy, one of the important elements that influence health conditions is one's religious or spirituality. Stress is one of the factors that cause hypertension. This study aims to determine the relationship between self-efficacy and spiritual coping with stress in housewives with hypertension. Methods: This study uses an analytical design with a cross-sectional approach. This research was conducted from September 2021 to December 2021 in South Sulawesi. The sample size in this study was 246 housewives with hypertension. Univariate analysis to see the frequency or distribution of data and bivariate analysis to see the relationship between variables using multiple regression test because the independent variable is more than 1 variable. Results: The t-test in Regression aims to determine the effect of the independent variables partially (on their own) on the dependent variable. The result is Sig < Alpha Research (0.002 < 0.05), religious spirituality partially has a significant effect on stress. Based on the results of data analysis, it was found that self-efficacy and spiritual coping had a simultaneous relationship with stress levels in housewives who had hypertension. The strength of the relationship is 24.3% and the remaining 75.7% is influenced by other factors. Conclusion: There is a simultaneous or concurrent relationship between self-efficacy and religious spirituality with household stress levels with a relationship strength of 0.243 (24.3%).